It is important to solve the problem appropriately and legally if you want to reduce the impact on your children. As tempted as you may be, it`s important not to hit your ex on your kids or show your anger at your ex when your kids are there. Instead, go through the court system and have custody-related conversations with your ex or others if your children can`t hear you. This can help you find a better solution without worrying about making things even more difficult for your kids. It is often recommended that you contact your co-parent and/or their lawyer directly to voice your concerns before taking formal legal action. They may not have fully understood how their actions were perceived, or they may not have realized that they were initially wrong. In any case, by working with a qualified duty counsel, you can explore the options available to you and your family to resolve the dispute in a mutually beneficial manner. For more than two decades, the law firm of Sheryl R. Rentz, P.C. has successfully represented Pennsylvania parents involved in custody and visitation disputes. We know how important your relationship with your children is and we want to help you maintain that relationship. For a free case evaluation, call the law firm of Sheryl R. Rentz, P.C.

at (866) 290-9292. Since custody and access agreements are court-approved and legally binding, failure to comply with their provision constitutes a violation of a court order – contempt. A charge of contempt allows the court to take measures such as imposing fines, imprisonment, physically returning the child to the other parent, denying access to the injured parent, and ordering the defendant to pay damages and attorneys` fees to the plaintiff. A parent who violates a custody or visitation agreement in Virginia can face a variety of civil and criminal penalties. Whenever a court order is violated, the person who violates the court order can be detained for contempt of court. In this case, the family judge may actually order the bailiffs to detain your ex. This means that your ex could potentially spend time in prison. A violation of the law may result in a fine, imprisonment or both, depending on whether it is a Class 1, 2 or 3 offence or a Class 6 crime. In the law firms of Edward S. Cooper, Esq., our on-call team has extensive experience serving clients in Union County, Westfield, Linden, Elizabeth, Scotch Plains, Plainfield, Union and northern New Jersey. .